Saturday, April 07, 2012

Wild hares

Anna Hrachovec of Mochimochi Land is the master of tiny knit creations and one of my favorite amigurumi artist.  Winners from her recent Tiny Baby Bunny Contest are currently being featured on the Mochimochi Blog. I did a loom knit version of her free Tiny Bunny pattern for the contest, but my time was limited and the competition was fierce. Never-the-less, these were such fun to make and easily converted to the loom.

My loom knit Tiny Bunnies were made using the 10-peg CindWood Thumb Loom and one strand of Red Heart Super Saver in assorted Easter colors. For the bunny's body, I used the drawstring cast on, flat knit for ten rounds and did a gathered bind off. The I-cord ears were also done on the same thumb loom using two pegs. Otherwise, I basically followed the original pattern.

These are great if you need a quick "basket-stuffer" for Easter.