Monday, April 06, 2009

My first awards

My first two awards have recently been presented to this blog, so I figure I better get crackin' and post them before they fall into the crevasses of time. The crevasses of my time are becoming pretty full with all things momentarily put aside or completely forgotten - a habit that I must break.
The first award, KreativBlogger Award, was presented to Loom Lore back in March for "Great Patterns for Loom Knitting" by Tiffany at Mini Mischief. (Tiffany shares my passion for all things small. ) Thank you, Tiffany, for this wonderful award.

The rules of this award are to list seven things I love and then pass it on to another seven KreativBloggers. OK, here are seven things I love:
  1. Family & friends
  2. My dogs
  3. Home
  4. Books
  5. Yarn, looms, gourds & crafts
  6. Travel
  7. Quiet moments
The following seven blogs are among some of the most "creative bloggers" I know. They are innovative in many different ways and share their creative lives through their blogs. In doing this, they have made this world a brighter place to live. Here are my nominations for the KreativBlogger Award:
  1. My Heart Exposed
  2. Gettin' It Pegged
  3. Hankering for Yarn
  4. A Knifty Knitter Journal
  5. Rockin' the Loom
  6. Guppygirl
  7. Made by Telaine
The second award is the PROXIMITY Award. Robin from Rockin' the Loom has graciously bestowed this award to Loom Lore. This is Robin's criteria for nominating Loom Lore for the PROXIMITY Award:
"Brenda is a very busy grandma! But she still has time to make the cutest quickie projects and her patterns are always very clear and easy to read. She developed the ‘drawstring cast on’ for the looms and it is a very useful technique that I have used a lot. :) Brenda may not have much time to blog like she used to, since her granddaughter moved in, but she still helps out others when she can. She’s pretty special!" Thank you Robin, I think you are pretty special, too.

The PROXIMITY Award is defined as follows:
“This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!” With this definition in mind, I am nominating the following eight blogs for the PROXIMITY Award:
  1. Y-2K Hippie
  2. Canadian Crafter
  3. Twitchy Fingers
  4. Whimsy Kitty
  5. Knitting Without Needles
  6. Creative KJ's Corner
  7. Loom Knitting and Something Else
  8. Cheryl's Loom & Crochet Projects
Please check out all of the wonderful blogs that have been nominated for both awards. Thank you ladies for sharing your time and talent with everyone.